This project is read-only.

Failed to create task

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Installed ok but when I dropped the pause task on the designer I get the error below.  Running BIDS 2005 on Windows 7. Thanks.

===================================

Failed to create the task. (Microsoft Visual Studio)

The task user interface specified by type name 'ToddMcDermid.SSIS.PauseTaskInterface,PauseTask,Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=Neutral,PublicKeyToken=8b0551303405e96c' could not be loaded. (Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design)

------------------------------
For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft%u00ae+Visual+Studio%u00ae+2005&ProdVer=8.0.50727.867&EvtSrc=Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.SR&EvtID=CouldNotLoadTaskUIForType&LinkId=20476

Program Location:

at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.DtrTaskDesigner.InitializeTaskUI()
   at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.DtrTaskDesigner.OnNewTaskAdded()
   at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.DtsBasePackageDesigner.CreateExecutable(String moniker, IDTSSequence container, String name)

Could not load file or assembly 'PauseTask, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8b0551303405e96c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (mscorlib)

Program Location:

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle._GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName)
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError)
   at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.DtrTaskDesigner.InitializeTaskUI()

Oct 2, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Just trying out a fresh install here on my win7/2005 VM... seemed to install OK, files in \windows\assembly and sql\dts\90\tasks as expected... adding to toolbox... BOOM!

On the job - get back to you ASAP.

Oct 8, 2009 at 12:18 AM

I have found the issue and am able to work around it.  I will upload a fixed 2005 installer as soon as I can.

The root issue (for those that care):  I run Win7 with a SQL/VS 2008 environment on my machine.  In order to provide 2005 builds, I've configured a Virtual PC with the SQL/VS 2005 environment to compile in.  Unfortunately, it appears as though something in the guest-to-host communications is NOT functioning well (Win7 is an unsupported host system) and is corrupting the DLL build - without any warnings or errors.

Oct 8, 2009 at 1:19 AM

Thanks for the quick resolution.  I am eager to try the new version.